Welcome to KU Premedical Advising!
Pre-dentistry, medicine, optometry, physician assistant and veterinary medicine are career interests, usually developed together with completing a bachelor's degree and major. Any undergraduate bachelor's degree and major is fine, though it would take longer than four years to combine some professional school educations with premedical requirements.
If you're a prospective student, you can schedule a Campus Visit through Admissions, including a meeting to get premedical advising information.
If you're a new student, please attend a New Student Orientation, which will include advising and enrollment. If you have follow-up questions after your New Student Orientation, you can e-mail or make an appointment to meet with a premedical advisor.
If you're currently a KU undergraduate student, you can bring your KUID to 109 Strong Hall, or send a polite request from your KU e-mail account to firstname.lastname@example.org, and ask to add an interest code to get application reminders, and announcements about related club meetings and volunteer opportunities.
KU Premedical Advisors include:
- Alexis Catanzarite - Lawrence Campus, Last Names A-L
- Paul Crosby - Lawrence Campus, Last Names M-Z
- Sandy Leppin - Edwards Campus, Biotechnology and Molecular Biosciences Majors
- Lauren McEnaney - Edwards Campus, Exercise Science Majors
If you're a KU student or graduate, you can call 785-864-2834 (M-F, 8-5) to schedule the following kinds of meetings:
- Scheduling Required and Recommended Premedical Courses
- Planning Related Volunteer or Work Experiences
- Application Overview (please ask for a one-hour meeting)
- Personal Comments Essay Review
- Practice Interview (please ask for a one-hour meeting)
- Re-Application and/or Gap Year Planning
Each spring, we also offer a class, LA&S 492 Topic: Applying to Medical Schools, for juniors and seniors preparing for the application process.
Hope this helps,
Alexis Catanzarite & Paul Crosby