Welcome to KU Premedical Advising!
Pre-dentistry, medicine, optometry, physician assistant and veterinary medicine are career interests, usually developed together with completing a bachelor's degree and major. Any undergraduate bachelor's degree and major is fine.
If you're a prospective student, you can schedule a Campus Visit through Admissions, including a small group session with a Premedical Advisor.
If you're a KU undergraduate student, you can bring your KUID to 109 Strong Hall, and add an interest code to get application reminders, and announcements about related club meetings and volunteer opportunities.
KU Premedical Advisors include:
- Alexis Catanzarite - Lawrence Campus, Last Names A-L
- Paul Crosby - Lawrence Campus, Last Names M-Z
- Sandy Leppin - Edwards Campus, Biotechnology and Molecular Biosciences Majors
- Lauren McEnaney - Edwards Campus, Exercise Science Majors
If you're a KU student or graduate, you can call 785-864-2834 to schedule the following kinds of meetings:
- Scheduling Required and Recommended Premedical Courses
- Planning Related Volunteer or Work Experiences
- Application Overview (please ask for a one-hour meeting)
- Personal Comments Essay Review
- Practice Interview (please ask for a one-hour meeting)
- Re-Application and/or Gap Year Planning
Hope this helps,
Alexis Catanzarite & Paul Crosby