Welcome to KU Premedical Advising!
Pre-dentistry, medicine, optometry, physician assistant and veterinary medicine are career interests, usually developed together with completing a bachelor's degree and major. Any undergraduate bachelor's degree and major is fine, though it would take longer than four years to combine some professional school educations with premedical requirements.
If you're a prospective student, you can schedule a Campus Visit through Admissions, including a meeting to get premedical advising information.
If you're a KU undergraduate student, you can bring your KUID to 109 Strong Hall, and add an interest code to get application reminders, and announcements about related club meetings and volunteer opportunities.
KU Premedical Advisors include:
- Alexis Catanzarite - Lawrence Campus, Last Names A-L
- Paul Crosby - Lawrence Campus, Last Names M-Z
- Sandy Leppin - Edwards Campus, Biotechnology and Molecular Biosciences Majors
- Lauren McEnaney - Edwards Campus, Exercise Science Majors
If you're a KU student or graduate, you can call 785-864-2834 (M-F, 8-5) to schedule the following kinds of meetings:
- Scheduling Required and Recommended Premedical Courses
- Planning Related Volunteer or Work Experiences
- Application Overview (please ask for a one-hour meeting)
- Personal Comments Essay Review (please ask for a one-hour meeting)
- Practice Interview (please ask for a one-hour meeting)
- Re-Application and/or Gap Year Planning
Each spring, we also offer a class, LA&S 492 Topic: Applying to Medical Schools, for juniors and seniors preparing for the application process.
Hope this helps,
Alexis Catanzarite & Paul Crosby