Applying to Veterinary Schools
If you plan to enter a veterinary school immediately after your senior year, you should apply in the summer between your junior and senior year:
1. Application Meeting: In the spring of your junior year, call 785-864-2834 to schedule a meeting with a Premedical Advisor.
2. Graduate Record Exam (GRE): These scores are the largest single factor for admission to K-State, 40% of an applicant's score. So, be sure to thoroughly review and practice for the test!
3. Veterinary Medical College Application Service (VMCAS): You'll have your recommendation letters and transcripts sent through VMCAS. Aim to complete your application by August 1st, and September 15th is the deadline.
4. Secondary Applications: Aim to complete the K-State College of Veterinary Medicine Supplemental Application by September 1st, and be certain K-State receives your GRE scores, VMCAS application and letters, and supplemental application by September 15th!
5. Interview: At K-State, interviews are held in December and January. You can call 785-864-2834 to schedule a one-hour practice interview with a Premedical Advisor.
For more information, see Applicant FAQ.