Applying to Dental Schools
If you plan to enter dental school immediately after your senior year, you should begin the application process in the spring of your junior year! Don't wait for application deadlines - Apply Early!
1. Register for the DAT. It's computerized, so you can schedule it for a time that suits your preparation and application needs, ideally by June 1st in the summer between your junior and senior year. If needed, you can retake after 90 days.
2. By July 1st of the summer between your junior and senior years, submit your American Association of Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS) application.
3. Have your evaluation letters sent through AADSAS. Give your writers an August 1st deadline for submitting their letters to AADSAS.
4. In the summer between your junior and senior years, complete supplemental applications, ideally by August 1st.
5. Most dental schools start interviewing candidates in August or September. When you get an invitation, call 785-864-3624 to schedule a one-hour practice interview with the University Career Center!
For more information, see Applicant FAQ.